Greenhouse using double-glazed windows is applicable not just in areas with cold climate, but also in other suburban zones such as prolonging the period of fruit-bearing of submerged plants or yearlong use.
The Benefits of these glazing are undoubted:
- Excellent thermal insulation can protect crops from early frosts.
- Glazing gently diffuses light, illuminating all corners of the space.
- Dual glass averts sunburn on the leaves.
- Tight structure reduces heat loss when warming the greenhouse, and therefore saves electricity.
- Packages will not suffer with strong winds, rain or hail.
- The service life of glazing together with proper treatment is over a dozen years.
- The aesthetic look of glazing allows you not to hide the greenhouse in the backyard, and put in it even in the front yard. Some owners of original shape greenhouses make them the major decoration of their lawn or backyard.
In addition, manufacturers offer you double-glazed dividers using a set of necessary functions, including special coatings for heating and energy conserving , protection against mechanical impacts and reduced temperatures, in addition to soundproofing.
Procedure of auto-ventilation of all greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows may be with specific vents for ventilation, which are outfitted with devices with the role of automatic launching. This is extremely convenient, because not necessarily the owners have the opportunity to ventilate the greenhouse punctually. By way of example, the French are using only such greenhouses because the late 16th century to the present day. Rest assured: that a glass greenhouse will become your servant for decades to come.
- Glass doesn’t keep UV beams, which are critical for quick plant growth and fruit ripening, hence allowing you to get the most out of the power of sunlight.
- Should you use tempered or laminated (thermal) glass, this arrangement can withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the shape of large hail, intense heat and even strong frost is not going to be a problem with the construction).
- For greenhouses made from glass is distinguished masterseptika.ru by exceptional insulation. Moreover, there’s a chance to install heating devices in them.
Naturally, the glass greenhouse also has disadvantages, which needs to be taken into account when building it. By way of example, the simple fact that glass is quite heavy substance (1 m² of glass 4 mm thick weighs 10 kg, and 6 mm – 15 kg), must affect the presence of a solid base, as well as the construction of a strong structure – framework.
How to build a greenhouse from glass yourself
On a bright day, the translucent coating of greenhouses lets short-wave solar radiation. It is consumed by dark surfaces (soil, plants, equipment ), turns right into long-wave radiation and stays within the structure. This transformation occurs with the discharge of warmth, which produces a greenhouse effect in the greenhouse.
So, glass windows flawlessly allow the sun’s rays within the room and almost completely keep the back radiation, not permitting it to venture out. To put it differently, unlike film, glass has become the most heat-saving substance, and this is among the key attributes of a good greenhouse.